Interesting to me from the stand point of lo fi - images not about high fidelity photo-crispness, which, perhaps as detail-loving female (now there's a trope) I find at the other end of my spectrum. I understand the critique against a welter of ("clinical") detail, but still enjoy the fascination of the potential of good glass being held up to the world in an intensely observational mode.
This is but one scale photographers may place themselves (or be placed) on - that encompassing haptic on one end (subjective, not strictly representational) to visual on the other (objective, representational.) Me - I'm a believer in "truth is stranger than fiction" so wish to uncover "truth" by looking closely for intricate, visual detail. But emotional truth does not depend on revelation of visual detail.
Interesting to me from the stand point of lo fi - images not about high fidelity photo-crispness, which, perhaps as detail-loving female (now there's a trope) I find at the other end of my spectrum. I understand the critique against a welter of ("clinical") detail, but still enjoy the fascination of the potential of good glass being held up to the world in an intensely observational mode.
ReplyDeleteThis is but one scale photographers may place themselves (or be placed) on - that encompassing haptic on one end (subjective, not strictly representational) to visual on the other (objective, representational.) Me - I'm a believer in "truth is stranger than fiction" so wish to uncover "truth" by looking closely for intricate, visual detail. But emotional truth does not depend on revelation of visual detail.