I look forward to spending time with Leslie's links and others...
I'm quoting two students from Photo Essayists blog, first Luke, (Aaron Huey's work on the res blew me away) and Xiaoxiao, whose selections offer a way of looking at the world that seems culturally different from Westerners'. Thoughts?
Some Photographers I find myself looking at these days
Aaron Huey: I like all of his stuff but especially his series on The Pine Ridge Reservation. He also has a great Ted talk on his work on pine ridge reservation:
http://www.aaronhuey.com
Brian Sokol. I really like his work with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. He takes portraits of individuals and families that have fled violence in different conflict areas and they are photographed with the most important thing that they brought with them when they fled.
http://briansokol.com
And this last one is a workshop that takes place in my home state of Kentucky. Every year they go to a different county in Kentucky and do a weeklong workshop there. I personally like the one from my home town: Henderson County But they are all great:
http://mountainworkshops.org/
Some of my favorite Asian photographers
Some well-knowns:
Chien-Chi Chang
http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=CMS3&VF=MAGO31_10_VForm&ERID=24KL53ZLJS
Ho Fan
http://leicaliker.com/2013/01/11/fan-ho-hong-kong-master-street-photographer-1/
Wu Jialin
http://www.pdnbgallery.com/Site/WU_JIALIN.html
And here are my friends or friends of my friends:
Adou
http://www.m97gallery.com/artist/?artist=adou&from=1
Huang Xiaoliang
http://www.m97gallery.com/artist/?artist=huang_xiaoliang&series=1322039524
Muge
http://mugephoto.com/
Jing Zhang
http://lakezhan.com/
Taca
http://tacasui.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.