Leslie this a wonderful collection of your winter lotuses. I find numbers 5,6,11, and 15 particularly appealing. Especially the juxtaposition of new iris (?) shoots with the remains of last years lotus. And the ice picture is outstanding. Pam
Thanks for posting these. I wonder how these fit with the prints you last showed. I think these are different, no? More added to a wonderful, obsessive series. By shooting over and over you can really cherry pick for a great collection. Here, for me 6 and 11 are the standouts and 4, 5 and 8 are favorites too. I love the sequence from fall to spring. I wonder a little about the sharpness in the last one but love it in context of progression of seasons. It's so interesting to see the depth of feeling and sensitivity that comes from your Kenilworth immersion. Is life without obsession worth living? In reviewing them again (and they are worth long looking as you have looked long), I see that where your sharpness leads viewers is not always where expected. Interesting use of selective focus to highlight your eye's delight has become an element of your signature style.
Leslie this a wonderful collection of your winter lotuses. I find numbers 5,6,11, and 15 particularly appealing. Especially the juxtaposition of new iris (?) shoots with the remains of last years lotus. And the ice picture is outstanding. Pam
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting these. I wonder how these fit with the prints you last showed. I think these are different, no? More added to a wonderful, obsessive series. By shooting over and over you can really cherry pick for a great collection. Here, for me 6 and 11 are the standouts and 4, 5 and 8 are favorites too. I love the sequence from fall to spring. I wonder a little about the sharpness in the last one but love it in context of progression of seasons. It's so interesting to see the depth of feeling and sensitivity that comes from your Kenilworth immersion. Is life without obsession worth living? In reviewing them again (and they are worth long looking as you have looked long), I see that where your sharpness leads viewers is not always where expected. Interesting use of selective focus to highlight your eye's delight has become an element of your signature style.
ReplyDelete