Monday, February 10, 2014

Hello Again - The pictures look good on my screen, so here are some comments -

I've been working in photography since the 1970's, starting with 35mm black and white and working my way up to 4x5 and 8x10 color.  I made the wrenching shift to digital in 2006.

Recently I've been working on a collaborative project with my wife, Lynn Schmidt, who is a painter and sculptor.  This is the first time we've worked on an art project together.  We have been shooting a series of color-filled abstractions using sunlight.  Most of them require two people:  one of us manipulates lenses and prisms while the other shoots.  We spend a lot of time reviewing them together after we shoot.  We are not sure where this is headed, but so far it's been a thrill.   All we have done to date is select shots from the stream -- no photoshopping, no cropping or even sharpening.

We would love to hear your feedback.

See you Thursday evening.

Jim B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.